Sunday, April 1, 2007

Welcome To My Blog

Happy April,

This is a bit of a new experience for me. I am very comfortable with technology (being a technologist), and I have written a monthly column in the past for a local newspaper. But blogging, this is a huge step for me. This gives me an opportunity to connect with a huge audience.

For the most part my blog will concentrate on two things:
  1. The advances in technology and how it impacts people.
  2. Closing the gap between the African American community and the country as a whole.
I have made a conscious decision not to create two blogs. Many of my entries will touch on technology and closing the gap. Some things that concern me are
  • Closing the digital divide.
  • Revitalizing interest in STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) education in ALL communities.
  • The potential for information sharing that Web 2.0 technologies could offer to community groups in disparate locations.
As I said this is a new experience for me. Please feel free to post comments. I want this to be a dialogue. I hope that my participation in the blogosphere will be helpful to those who visit my blog.

--RMKnightStar

No comments: